Thursday 11 February 2016

Capoeira Male Pose tests

Warm up sketches based on the 3d model created by Fuze. There was a proportion problem with the model due to a mistake I made, so I tried to ammend it as best I could. I noticed I struggled quite a bit with the hands and the hips, and decided to look up some reference photos to practice the hands on their own to help me get used to drawing them. 




I was not sure about this one below, again I used a 3D model for reference and traced over sections for speed purposes to see if the pose could be something that works. The hips to the top of the leg were off in the model so I struggled with that area again. The proportions look a little strange to me, I feel the legs look too thin, but I'm apprehensive to beef them out. They look fine in the model but too thin in this drawing. 
Still using a 3D model I drew the two images below, however I also used a book on drawing anatomy, Dynamic Figure Drawing by Burne Hogarth, which helped inform the second drawing, to make it look more accurate. 

Whilst looking at the Hogarth book, I tried to fix areas that looked out of proportion or just not right, for example, I thought the legs looked too thin compared to the top of the body. On top of that, the hips did not look right, so I tried to fix that using photo reference and the book. In a way, the hip area looks a little feminine to me, due to the curves. Still an area I need to improve on, evidently.
Below, the reference image from Hogarth's book: 


No comments:

Post a Comment