Wednesday 24 February 2016

Female Capoeira pose



 I also saw a lot of capoeira poses in the Bananeira (handstand) pose, or macaco (backflip), as can be seen below.

Video demonstrating bananeira:


Video demonstrating macaco:









So I thought I'd try a pose (above), however, it was based on an acrobat, but I wanted to be able to see the face more. I did not take this any further because I wanted a more relaxed, less stressed pose and I also wanted the face to be more visible and facing the viewer.

I came across this image below whilst looking for anatomy reference, and I really like the twist and thought it was something I could use to make a more dynamic pose, especially since I came across some books which talked about curves in drawings to direct the eye and create more interest in the pose.


Below I sketched a pose I thought reflected the capoeira movement as well as trying to capture a sense of movement and dance.




No comments:

Post a Comment